– You are welcome to fill out the brief medical history and intake forms provided on this website prior to your first appointment or when you arrive for your first appointment.
– We begin our session at Bishop Yoga and Pilates Studio with a detailed history of your situation regarding past or current trauma, surgeries, activity level, and any other information that may be helpful. Feel free to bring any radiologic reports or additional information that you feel is necessary.
– In order to provide you with an individualized treatment program, we will assess your posture, body alignment, strength, range of motion, and muscle/connective tissue integrity.
– Based on the findings of the history and physical exam, we will move on to targeting the imbalanced areas through hands-on manual treatments, therapeutic exercise including a home exercise program, and specialized education regarding areas of your life that may be involved.
– What to wear? Comfortable clothing that allows for assessment of spinal and pelvic alignment, as well as skin-to-skin contact for treatments, is ideal. Please refrain from using any skin lotions or creams unless medically necessary.
Dr. Mike Gable – Certified Bishop California Physical Therapist